FIRE FIGHTING LEVEL 1
Basic Fire Fighting
South African legislation requires that a sufficient amount of employees per building be trained in basic fire fighting. This course teaches learners basic fire fighting skills; the use of fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to minimise loss of life and property at the workplace. It also covers basic fire prevention and awareness. It is the perfect course, for any organisation, to start off with.
Advantages of this course.
- Ideal for office worker, general labourers, farm workers, conservation staff etc.
- Learn basic fire fighting skills in order to minimise loss of life and property.
- Learn the best methods of stopping and extinguishing fires in their early stages.
- Grow a general respect for fire, create awareness of fire risks and provide vital information for the prevention of fire in the office and home.
- We can teach all our courses in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- Courses held by SAFETECH at your premises or ours.
- The science of fire:
- Fire triangle
- Classes of fire
- Extinguishing methods
- Fire prevention:
- Common causes
- Materials which are generally first ignited:
- Housekeeping and other preventative measures
- Preparing for fire:
- Selection of correct equipment
- Placement and fire signs
- Proper care and maintenance
- Emergency plan & procedures
- Getting out alive
- Proper use of equipment:
- Hose reels
- Fire Blankets
- Live fire demo (if allowed on premises)
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses and training methods are continuously updated to keep in line with Department of Labour and HW SETA standards. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.