HEALTH & SAFETY TRAINING FOR MANAGERS
An all-round holistic knowledge of health and safety
The Health & Safety for Managers course has one objective in mind, to equip the supervisors and managers with confidence and provide guidelines for a structured approach to handing health & safety matters within the workplace. We look at the role of the supervisor/manager in the workplace and provide an overview of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Advantages of this course.
By the end of the course the learner will have gained a thorough understanding of the OHS Act and how to implement this in an organisation.
- Ensure that your workers are aware of your organisation’s health and safety policies and follow them.
- Understand the appointment of Health & Safety Representatives in terms of the latest legislation.
- Understand what is required of the supervisor in terms of Section 8 outlining employer duties.
- Ideal for H&S supervisors, coordinators or managers.
- We can teach all our courses in English, Afrikaans and Xhosa.
- Courses held by SAFETECH at your premises, or at ours.
Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Introduction to the OHS Act
- Principles of the OHS Act
- Sections of the OHS Act
- Common workplace issues
- Record keeping
Risk control organization
- CEO (16.1 & 16.2 appointees)
- Safety committee
- Safety Reps
- Department of Labour
- Risk control techniques
- Easy reference guide
Rest assured in the knowledge that all our courses and training methods are continuously updated to keep in line with Department of Labour and HW SETA standards. You will receive the best quality training when selecting any course through us.